Saturday 29 January 2011

Preliminary task

Firstly I had to research the conventions of a magazine, I then created a magazine for St Marys College as a preliminary task. To do this I had to take a professional picture of a student, and then use photoshop to cut the model out so a could change the background. I then thought carefully about what colour combinatons would go together, however I think this magazine cover I created would not appeal to all the students as, i've use bright pink and used a female student as the model for the cover therefor I think this magazine would appeal to the female audience as this cover would attract more females attention. I have made use of a my model by making her dominate the page however while trying to do this i think the image has become out of proportion as it looks squashed and stretched.As well as having a photograph which dominates the front cover I have also followed other conventions of magazine's eg: Taglines, date, issue number and barcode. However I could have made it look more like a magazine cover by adding a few more photo's or college logo, a few more tagline's and a price.

No comments:

Post a Comment